Last generation PET-CT
Our studies are carried out with the latest technology equipment, and operated by highly trained specialists. The result: a world class service.
We accept most of national and international insurance companies.
The Service Includes:
- The study with contrast medium.
IMPORTANT: *All prices are subject to change without prior notice. Those in US dollars may suffer variations depending on the Mexican peso / dollar exchange rate. For a precise quote, please fill out the form below.
How Should I Prepare for the PET-CT?
- 24 hours before the medical exam: Do not perform any physical activity. Follow a diet high in protein with meat or fish and vegetables, fruits, etc; consume a very low proportion of carbohydrates (flour, pasta, bread, sugar, etc.); Stay well hydrated (simple water).
- 8 hours fasting and take your medications normally, with simple water.
- Wear comfortable clothing, without metal, and preferably come with a responsible adult.
- Diabetic patients, insulin-dependent or not, can dine the night before and take their medications at normal times. If you are in this case, before the medical exam, please inform the person attending you.
- If you are diabetic, in order to be able to perform the medical exam, your glucose level should not exceed 130mg / dl.
- If you use insulin you must notify us 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- The study can only be done 4 hours after the last dose of insulin.
When should I schedule my appointment?
With a week in advance. On that date, you must also cover a down payment of $9,200 MXN so we can request the contrast medium that we will use in the medical exam.
How Long will It Be Until my Results Are Delivered?
3 working days after the medical exam, starting at 5:00 p.m.
How Long Should I Stay in Mexico City?
5 days: we recommend you arrive the day before the medical exam, and leave one day after your results have been delivered.
How Long Does the Medical Exam Last?
Approximately, 4 and a half hours.
What Do I Need to Bring?
A medical prescription specifying the type of medical exam and clinical summary.
You must bring a laboratory report of serum creatinine and glucose not older than 30 days. In case of not having them, they can be performed in Médica Sur within 8-hour fast, and results will be delivered within 1 to 2 working days, or urgently, in 2 hours with an additional cost.
In case you have previous medical exams, bring them (PET-CT, histopathological report, magnetic resonance, ultrasound, mammography, etc.).